21 February, 2007



Table air at the now non-existent Winklebury spine mini.

Robin's Fleetscene BMX questionnaire

Where / what would you like to ride most?
Berlin, Vancouver, and Barca. And some sweet jumps.

If you could have one trick, what would it be?
Flairs. They look hecking ace.

What’s the best song, or use of a song, in a BMX video you’ve seen?
This is hard. ‘Diary of a madman’ on Van Homan’s part on criminal mischief, was genius. Also that Jimmy Eat World song for Kris Bennett on Demolition. Heck, basically the whole of the Demolition video has good use of music.

If you were to have a full-length video section, what song would you chose to accompany it?
Always Swan by Twofold.

Besides their riding, which riders do you admire and why?
Fleetscene boys – we’re just wicked. Nick for filming and editing. Ben for riding that massive frame. Jason for doing silly 180s. Neil for living is Australia and saying ridiculous things.

Who has the best style in BMX?
Leo Janson. Where’s the question about your favourite riders in street / park / dirt or whatever? I wanted to write about Stricker / Sergio / Edgworth.

What is your biggest fear, related to BMX?
That I’ll injure myself too badly to ride. Or I’ll break my eyes so I can’t take pictures anymore.

What’s your next banger? What have you got your eyes on?
I want to get twists over spines back on… and learn footplants on walls properly.

BMX in the Olympics; good or bad?
I’m not too fussed, I haven’t really thought about it much.

What were your riding highlights of 2006? What are your goals for 2007?
The Bristol trips. And Fleet Jam. I want to try and crash less in 2007. Oh, already failed that one…

Describe your worst crash.
It didn’t put me out for the longest, but I think this was the most intense fall. Riding my new frame, trying to get 360s over Farnborough volcano smoother. I kept overshooting so I tried pulling up more and going higher, which seemed to help. This one time I pulled up a bit much, hung up the back wheel and sent myself down really fast. I didn’t manage to get my hands off the bars, so just smashed my chin into the ground. Got concussion and some memory loss, some stitches, a false tooth, and a fear of 360s…

Do you really push yourself to progress, or are you just happy to ride and not worry about it too much?
I think I just ride and get on with it. If I feel inspired to learn something then I’ll give it a go, but normally a chilled session is just fine.

Parts: new and radical or simple and trusted?
I reckon simple and trusted. Unless it’s a bloody good idea.

What is BMX / What does BMX mean to you?
BMX is… bikes, friends, exercise, pain, inspiration, style, individual, rewarding.

What the best thing you’ve ever done on a bike?
I reckon it’s still that 360 at Tweseldown.

What is your favourite memory of riding?
Velmead. Bremen. Bristol last time. Farnborough with Neil.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Tweseldown twist's gonna take some beating.

4:00 pm

 
Blogger Nick said...

gona have to be a 7 next time then. ah yes leo actually does have THE best style in bmx. i didnt realise you had a false tooth, wooooow! come and live in derby, i wana live with fulltime bmxers again, last year was rad

10:26 pm

 
Blogger Ben said...

Acctually I reckon it'll get beaten when a whip gets rolled... whip flyout better than a dirt double twist?

8:42 pm

 
Blogger Nick said...

naaaaaaaaah bollocks, find the kids that can do whip flyouts then watch them shit themselves when you tell them to 3 the twesledown 2nd

9:23 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home