18 February, 2007



Jason's Fleetscene BMX questionnaire


Where / what would you like to ride most?
Street in London. Reason is that I love street and London just has more than any other place I’ve been too.

If you could have one trick, what would it be?
180-Barspin. This trick goes down so well on street.

What’s the best song, or use of a song, in a BMX video you’ve seen?
Vanilla Ice on Hoder’s section of facad, the funny dance he does is amazing and he sings along to it which is cool.

If you were to have a full-length video section, what song would you chose to accompany it?
Hikikomori Broadcast – One more Beautiful Friendship is kicked to sleep.

Besides their riding, which riders do you admire and why?
This is hard. Probably Nate Wessel, the first time I ever watched a BMX video he was in it and he seemed pretty cool and funny with his amazing dreads, ever watched the Hoffman game DVD? There’s a few scenes of Nate and Ruben having play fights and messing around loads, fun is what you need on a trip.

For their riding, Josh Bedford and Seth Kimbrough

Who has the best style in BMX?
Scotty Cranmer

What is your biggest fear, related to BMX?
Banging my head. Every time I got to do something on street I always think about Josh Bedford’s insane head banger on Voices, it scares me.

What’s your next banger? What have you got your eyes on?
In street it’s wallrides to 180. In park; turndowns.

BMX in the Olympics; good or bad?
Yes to Olympics although the Americans are disqualified. Having the Olympics may help us get a British Camp Woodward.

What were your riding highlights of 2006? What are your goals for 2007?
Not many really but the 180 down sports bar stair set was good, just made me feel so good after doing that, mainly relief because I’d been thinking about it for so so long.

Describe your worst crash.
Face smash at Fleet; I was tweaking the box when on landing my back wheel had no grip because it was so dusty. My wheel slipped out from under me and I went crashing down onto the concrete, needed 5 stitches in my chin and there was lots of blood.

Do you really push yourself to progress, or are you just happy to ride and not worry about it too much?
Bit of both, some days I really want to learn something so I’ll just go for it, other days when I’m not in the zone I’ll just casually ride and do stuff I know I can do with ease.

Parts: new and radical or simple and trusted?
Radical and trusted.

What is BMX / What does BMX mean to you?
If it wasn’t for BMX I would probably be the fattest kid in Fleet, BMX has allowed me to gain confidence in myself and helped me to keep fit. The sport gives the biggest high you can imagine, fuck drugs to get high get high on adrenaline it’s the best. What it’s also done for me is make friends, go places id never thought I’d go and things I’d thought I'd never do. BMX FOR LIFE

What the best thing you’ve ever done on a bike?
180 down an 8 set.

What is your favourite memory of riding?
Germany. Lots of riding and lots of drunkenness.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Hoffman game DVD is really cool. Stephen Murray and Nasty riding trails... mmm.

5:44 pm

 
Blogger ronbin said...

yeah germany was the best. we should still go. for like a week. in the summer or something. you fucking know it. i need sportgarten in my life...

12:40 am

 
Blogger Nick said...

i want to see you do a peter crouch turndown off the sports bar 8 step. yes germania for a week - err if its after uni ill come if the offers there

6:32 pm

 
Blogger Ben said...

"gun!"

2:49 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home