11 December, 2006

I miss you guys!!

Word up Fleetscene. Went riding the other day. Spotted a brand new skatepark on the way back from the bird's place the other day so checked it out. Rocked up there on my lonesome as me buddy Sam was working and I assumed being quite a decent park that it would be busy.

Wrong! The place is like a ghost town and it emerges that I was able to spot the park on the train as the ramps are bloody MASSIVE! Super kicky too. Dropping into the 6ft concrete spine-mini for the first time was seriously the scariest thing I've done on a bike. However having travelled 20 mins on the train to get there I rode on despite being alone.

Below are the snaps from solo movies Jonah Lindberg style. I left after an hour in the end as the shakes still hadn't gone away and I was too busy ODing on adrenaline thinking how f-ked I'd be if I stacked. And yes for your information I overshot and hung the 6ft concrete beast on more than 1 occasion, but as it was so big I still got speed from it and carried on. Madness.



So yeh Aussies have big cojones and I totally understand why helmets are compulsory. Riding a good but scary skatepark alone totally makes me miss riding with my Fleet chums as I know I would've aired a few foot higher if ud been here, and maybe pooed my pants a bit less.

Hope shit is hot your way

NEIL

P.S. Is this on the way to an invert??

3 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

g'day!

that park looks scary to the max

cooooome back neeeil!

when you get back we've got to have a couple of sessions at corby, learn skids into the foam or maybe 1 handers.

maybe on the way to a tabron invert?? if you get the top knee down the bike will snap up easier

4:08 pm

 
Blogger ronbin said...

yeaaaaah boyyyyyy

4:51 pm

 
Blogger ronbin said...

that place looks fun!

4:52 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home