29 October, 2006

The last bmxer in Derby -fact. (maybe)

So everyone's either already gone to Backyard or went today, some people are even lucky enough to be working on Mode's stand, getting a free pair of etnies and being invited to the annual etnies meal with all the pros (Will and Sarah - gits) buuuuuuuuut instead of paying real money to watch bmx inside I rode from 10am-11am, got puncture - 5mile walk (get in!), then 12.30-5pm and it was fegging awesome. Kinda see what Jonas Lidberg's on about when he goes riding by himself. You're riding only for yourself, there's no one there to upstage you or to take endless goes, you get as long as you want to pull a trick without feeling like you're holding everyone up and it's just you vs the street.

Today I took 2 tripods (lil n' large) our fisheye and camera with an extra battery and just filmed lines/tricks I wanted - best day I've had in Derby for a long time. One trick I'm glad I was by myself, I would never wish to put someone through the amount of attempts I had at a manual to 180 line, I honestly believe it was in the 100 area (I counted 65 alone on the video and that's not including the ones that I taped over...) but it was so worth it when it got pulled (albeit fairly messily).

Soooo I may put a video up as well as the flips video or I may just crawl into bed as my body's ragged, sorry the flip video isn't up yet but uni honestly is a bastard at the moment, today was great just taking the whole day off not thinking about it.

Ride on.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

You weird fuck. Nah just kidding, sounds quality. I miss small wheels damnit.

9:04 pm

 
Blogger ronbin said...

right on boss.

11:13 pm

 
Blogger Nick said...

sod riding by yourself each time, thatd be weird. i thiiiink i may make a little flipper video today after uni, or maybe just skip uni and make it hmm we shall see

11:13 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home