21 August, 2006

Injured in a Foam Pit?!

Riding foam for the first time wasn't quite as weird as I'd imagined it to be, but certainly it was a shit load more painful. Of course I was going to try flips, especially with Robin and Darren pulling them impeccably all day long.

I probably had about 10 attempts, starting off with the classic archibald air to bail, they gradually got better, getting to the stage where I was landing directly on my head. After about 7 or so attempts I got one round fairly well, which was good. I then went for another, got it round most of the way, but as I went into the foam I collapsed into the bike and got a heavy knock on the knee from the bars. Probably the most painful thing I've ever experienced on a bike.

That kind of put my session on it's arse, but Robin and Darren continued, nice whips on the box from Darren, and Robin had high airs all over the place and good twists over the box. Both did at least 20 perfect flips into foam as well, and could have sent it on the box. Collum Walshe was also there, owning the spine mini with big airs, twists, 5s, and whip airs, but his flip attempts into the foam were classic archibald with no rotation. Superb!

Hopefully the knee will function in time for the cricket match.

Ben

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home