10 April, 2006

Ride BMX not men.

Myself and the Nobmeister sessioned Winklebury spine mini today, and I managed to 'tick every box' with what I wanted to get done (apart from eat chips from the legendary chippie, it was shut) so it was a really good session.

Nobin didn't waste any time in getting down to business and within a few minutes had got wallrides and walltaps on the sub down. It also took him relatively little time to get the twists on as well, and I shot a good sequence of a particularly textbook three near the end of the session which will go up here later. He managed to rip off a few newly formed scabs by bailing and hanging front wheel but that's by the by.

I managed to pussy pretty much everything untill near the end, but got crooked to over on the spine, wallride on the sub and also had spine 180s suprisingly consistent. I Also chewbacca'd the quarter pipe, and forced a couple of grotty down-turns over the spine. Finally, for the small crowd of adoring children I managed a spine twizzle, which I was pretty happy with. They wanted a flip though, so sorry kids.

So yes, good fun, must be done again before I go back, and media will follow tonight in the form of digital stuff and later in the form of processed film.

Ben

1 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Yeah... an abubuca (equally ridiculous name). For some reason Chewbacca is slang for it. Basically it's a rear wheel stall on the coping to fakie, like a fufanu to fakie. I can't remember who invented it, but allegedly the first time he pulled it he yelled "abubuca" in celebration. So now you know heh.

9:13 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home