28 April, 2013




(Late) Bike Check

Frame's awesome, rides really nice. Just a shame about the logo/font/general branding of Social.


I designed the stem at work then Tito's dad's machine shop made it, its got some cut out detail underneath but I wanted to give it a clean look on the outside.

I got to design the Social chainring and (eventually) got to name it. This one's a 26t version for a little more bite when you pedal, I think production ones will be 25t though, boooo.

I wish it had pegs. Waiting for Odyssey to bring out a hub guard for the Quartet hub.

*EDIT* The bars are absolutely not 9.5" high, that's just ridiculous. They're 8.5", which is still pretty lofty I reckon! My last bike had a brake and I intended to put it on here but it rode so nice without that I just left it off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Nice! I like the look of that chainring. Is it bolted or spline drive?

8:25 am

 
Blogger Nick said...

Spline but you can get bolt too, they're not released yet. I think they're holding off to bring them over with a shipment of other products.

9:04 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home