07 May, 2009

Following Nick's MX-related post, I thought I'd have a look for some vids. In all probability I'll be on a crosser in 15 years, when I can't be arsed to push the DH bike up hills.

Everyone must remember this. I wish I could find the UK coverage that I watched - think it was BBC - with some street luge guy (what was his name?) doing the commentary. "Carey Hart, going for a backflip, first time in competition, let's see if he can land it." Followed by everyone going nuts. That was awesome, I had it on tape. I remember Nastazio sending a double flip on the dirt jumps as well.

Pastrana's double flip - fair play.

And arguably one of the most stylish and manly things ever, the FMX 360.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

i had that gravity games on tape too, osato won park i think or 'street' when he was still on schwinn

"yeah definitly one for canada"

11:11 am

 
Blogger Ben said...

Yeah, on those grey ramps. I thought the coverage was pretty good, apart from the blonde saying "our Ryan didn't really get to grips with the course" when he binned it trying to 7 a 25 foot double.

11:30 am

 
Blogger Nick said...

oh yeah broke his nose in one of the runs didnt he then rode in the finals too

11:44 am

 
Blogger Ben said...

I believe the street luge dude was called Lee Dansie. Would love to see that shit again.

11:58 am

 
Blogger ronbin said...

yeah lee dansie! genius.

7:14 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home