28 December, 2008

"You were responsible for some of the craziest riding ever to happen in BMX. When you look back on your pro career, anything in particular that makes you smile?
The last Backyard Jam I rode in 2004 was super fun for me. I had just come back after a year-and-a-half of bullshit with injuries. I didn’t know if I’d be able to ride like I used to. I was really bummed that I’d end up retiring without ever having the feeling of laying it on the line again. Then at the contest everything came together. I qualified in the top group of the finals with Alistair [Whitton], Bas Keep, and Gary [Young]. I have absolute respect for all three of those guys, as riders and as people. If I’m in a group with guys I like, it makes me ride way better. The crowd was so into it, and so loud. It was one of the best sessions of my life. The whole way through the finals I was thinking, “This is it. I can retire now with no regrets.” Gary wasn’t even on MacNeil yet but that’s the contest where we got to hang out and become friends. He was riding for MacNeil three weeks later. Actually, now that I think about it, it is probably my favorite session ever."


Miron doesn't ride anymore, but I'm pretty happy I witnessed that, he killed it that day.  Jay Miron Interview on vital.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

beast

1:17 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home