10 January, 2007

BMX in Cairns

Whassup boys? Now in Cairns, the most northerly point of my travels. Did the Great Barrier Reef today. Didn't see any sharks, but it was bloody cool anyway.

Cairns is a purpose built tourist destination, so quite artificial. They know how to make a good skatepark tho, check out this beast of a concrete construction:

Kid going well over vert at mach 10...


Itching to have my bike with me when I saw this place. So well designed with Stoke style skate plaza staff on the perimeter leading to the beach. Don't be tempted by swimming at the beach tho, crocs operate!

Speaking of all things dangerous in Oz look at the size of this spider we discovered on Tom's backpack:

After a rather dodgy effort moving the bag outside the little bugger crawled back under the door and escaped in the house. No one saw where it went so we spent the next few days with paranoia. All part of the fun really. Can't complain when you open the door and look out to this:


Yeh so surfing rocks almost as much as BMX.

When I grow up I want to be as cool as this....


So that's how Oz looks at the moment. I must say I'm impressed with how the Fleet boys are progressing right now. Jason that step set 180 of yours is very manly. Nobin your driveway 360 looks sick. Doing any manual trick on you longneck bike is highly commendable Ben. And Nick, I'm jealous of your pop and learning of turndowns.

Laters

Neil McOz

3 Comments:

Blogger Ben said...

Nice one mcoz. Yeah I reckon I might switch to a slightly shorter frame at some point this year. The duece is cool and everything, but something like a fly diablo 21.4 would be lighter and allow me to do more shizzle, I reckon. Just feeling the need for some bike pimping.

2:25 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben you'd shred on a lighter bike, just don't chuck the fucker! Ze's selling a 21" Sunday if you're interested but I presume you want something longer.

I hate winter so much, every waking moment of a cold, cloudy, raining sky makes me want to turn emo and slit my wrists - mega jealous of the weather in Oz. Ben Muff and I are also jealous that you went to Neighbours, we're also convinced if we keep looking you'll turn up as an extra in an episode.

I miss summer, long live the sun.

3:09 pm

 
Blogger ronbin said...

ayyyeee cheers for the 360 props bruvvwa, another good update from the scottish ozzie reppa blat blat blat

7:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home